Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 13th- February 17th A Peek at the Week!

Dates to Note this Week:

Monday: New TFK and Word Study
Tuesday: Valentine’s Day; Optional Card passing out
Wednesday: Jamestown VS.3 Assessment
Thursday: TFK Quiz & Art Print
Friday: GLOW Quiz Units 1-3

Math News
We are wrapping up our Geometry Unit and getting ready to begin Decimal and Fraction Computation. Fraction computation is a very challenging SOL so we will be spending a great deal of time on it!

Reading News
We are coming to the end of our book groups within the historical fiction genre. We will begin a whole class novel, Al Capone Does My Shirts, in a few short weeks.

Writing News
I have made writing a real priority this nine weeks. I see a great deal of growth with our weekly paragraphs. Last week, we began journal writing every day. I set the timer for 10 minutes and the only rule is their pencils must be moving. They can write about anything they choose, as long as words are going on the paper. I am really impressed by how well they did with this! I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Social Studies News

We are set to take our first of two Jamestown Unit tests this Wednesday. A study guide went home last week, and there are lots of foldables and notes your child has to study with. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment