Sunday, January 8, 2017

January 9th – January 13th Peek at the Week.

Important Dates for the Week

Monday: New TFKMonday: New Paragraph of the WeekThursday: TFK QuizFriday: Homophone AssessmentMonday: NO SCHOOL


Math Update
Next week we will be taking our math midyear in our math classes. It is important that your child reviews their notes from the year, as it is a cumulative assessment. I plan to use this information to drive instruction for the 2nd semester. It is not an assessment I will count for a grade.


WRITING UPDATE

I am beginning a new paragraph-writing unit. I have noticed that my students struggle with formulating topic sentences and conclusion sentences. Each week with have a specific topic and the overall goal is to create a solid paragraph on that topic by the end of the week. I am hoping that going back to the basics will help students becoming stronger writers.


Weather Reminders

When the feel like temperature is 32 or below, skin must be covered to go outside. There will be an inside option on those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment